At Penn College, one of the many ways accounting and business students get hands-on experience is by lending their expertise through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. VITA is a win-win for students and the community alike. The free program is open to low-income individuals and families who are in need of tax assistance. Student and faculty volunteers are IRS-certified to provide basic tax return preparation and filing.
Visit the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) website for more information about the VITA program.
February 7 - April 5, 2022
Monday/Wednesday: 9:15 am - noon
Tuesday/Thursday: 2:15 - 5 pm
If you are interested in taking advantage of VITA, please schedule an appointment below. Walk-in assistance without an appointment is not available. Hours of operation will be used for interview / drop-off of tax return information and pick-up of finalized returns.
All Penn College protocols will be followed. Masks must be worn.
If the College closes due to weather, VITA will close as well.
This year, the VITA site is in the ATHS building. Please enter using the main entrance. A student will meet you in the atrium, take your temperature, and discuss initial paperwork before taking you upstairs to begin.
Information to Bring for Return Preparation
VITA representatives will be available starting Monday, February 7. Due to high demand, the VITA program will stop accepting new clients after Tuesday, April 5.
(Note: Student tax returns will also be done and at no charge.)
- Printed and signed VITA Service Agreement (Copies will also be made available on site.)
- Please try to print and complete all four pages of the Intake Interview & Quality Review Questionnaire to save time when you arrive for you initial appointment.
- Acceptable Photo Identification (driver's license, passport, state ID card, etc.) for you and your spouse
- For Married Filing Jointly filers, both spouses must be present
- All W-2 and 1099 forms
- Information substantiating other income
- Information substantiating all tax deductions / tax credits
- A copy of last year's tax return
- Proof of account for direct deposit / withdrawal for tax refund / payment
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification notices / cards for you, your spouse, and/or the dependents you claim on the return
- Information substantiating the total paid to daycare provider and their Tax ID number
- Birthdates for you, spouse, and/or dependents to be listed on the return
- Forms 1095-A, B, or C (Affordable Care Act [ACA] Statements)
Questions after tax return filing? firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
matches /academics/bas/volunteer-income-tax-assistance-vita ... percision: 4 of 3
School of Business, Arts & Sciences
- ACC, Rm. 102
matches /academics/bas/volunteer-income-tax-assistance-vita ... percision: 3 of 3